Thursday, March 4, 2010

Teething Miracle Relief!

Taylor has been sleeping terribly for the past several nights (read: waking up at 4 or 5 am every morning!) and been in a generally grumpy mood (by grumpy I mean I can see horns and smoke coming out of his head!) and I'm pretty certain that he must be getting some more teeth in. Yesterday morning, I thought I'd try out the amber teething necklace that I bought for Elyse and see if it would help Taylor any. Supposedly baltic amber has some analgesic properties that have been known to help with headaches, arthritis, and teething pain. Personally, I bought one because it was pretty. :)

First off, I was shocked to find out that the same necklace that fit a 6 month old baby would fit my 20 month old toddler with room to spare. From the time I put it on, Taylor has been a changed child. He was in a great mood yesterday, with no crying without reason. I took it off to get ready for church and the screaming began yet again so I quickly replaced it. I told Jody that I'd put a big pink bow on his head if it would make him feel better. :) He slept in the necklace last night and I have to say I saw a pretty noticeable improvement in his sleep. He still woke up at 3 and came to our room, but he fell back asleep and slept well until 6 and now he's happily playing and watching cartoons rather than crying and screaming in my lap.

Now I've ordered another one just for Taylor and can say that I'm completely sold on them. Here's the link to Inspired by Finn, the company that I've used to get my necklaces. I have one of the breastfeeding necklaces and Elyse is completely attached to it. Whenever I'm nursing or wearing her, she's always playing or chewing on it... and now both Taylor and Elyse will have some relief from the discomfort that comes from teething. The products at Inspired by Finn are well made, safe, and relatively inexpensive.... and they have saved my sanity too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment