Friday, March 5, 2010

Rise and SHINE

Good morning everyone! Those who know me know that I'm a morning person... you know, one of those annoyingly perky people at hours before the sun comes up. :) Lately, I've been too exhausted to enjoy my mornings since my children have conspired to keep me up most of the night. It seems like about the time I get to sleep, one of them wakes up and once that one is back asleep, another gets up and so on until I finally give up and get out of bed in the morning. Well, last night I actually slept for 8 hours until Elyse woke up and then got 2 more before Taylor got up! and NO ONE came to our bed last night! I feel amazing!!!

I think today is definitely a zoo day... a family membership to the Nashville Zoo is the best entertainment we've found. For about $100 a year (versus $14 per adult per visit and $9 for kids 2 and over!), we get to enjoy the zoo. When the weather isn't miserable, you can find us there at least once a week, sometimes two or three times. I get exercise and we all get to enjoy the animals and fresh air. We often take a picnic lunch and spent most of the day just enjoying all of the exhibits. Ben could probably draw a map of the place with his eyes closed, but we never tire of it.

Well, off to get some breakfast on the table so we can all go play our favorite morning game: "Wake Up the Sleeping Daddy!"

1 comment:

  1. I will point out that the "Wake Up the Sleeping Daddy" game is their favorite game, not Daddy's. Daddy is not a morning person.

    ReplyDelete