Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Baking 101

For those of you who have known me for some time, you'll be amazed to learn that I'm actually starting to enjoy cooking! This week, I've made biscuits, waffles, and muffins all from scratch (note: not out of a box but from real flour!). I'm very quickly learning not only how much cheaper it is to cook things from scratch, but also how much better and more rewarding it is. Here are my new recipes:

French Breakfast Muffins - fast, easy, and super yummy! I just brushed on the butter and sprinkled the cinnamon sugar after they were done.

Belgian Waffles - have to wait for the batter to rise and takes forever to make enough for the family, but well worth the wait.

Biscuits - I've made these twice now and they are just the right amount of flaky and soft. Huge mess to be made, but lots of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment