Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Update

I haven't blogged in over a week! Between a trip to Knoxville on Wednesday and Thursday, a visit to Sparta for the boys, and trying to catch up on house stuff around here, life has been crazy. Jody's been crazy busy trying to finish getting his website up and running and I've been trying to help him get resumes out and beginning the process of sorting through all of the "stuff" we've accumulated over the years.

I'm still amazed at the amount of stuff that has come to live in this house in less than two years, not to mention all of the stuff that made the move from Knoxville! We've officially finished going through all of the closets and I think I've already gotten 4 contractor size trash bags full of things for a yard sale. That both excites me and depresses me. On one hand, I've got all of these things that can be given to other people who want and/or need them! But on the other, I have all of this stuff that I don't need. I'm continually faced with the purchases that have been made over the years and am reminded of how blessed we have been.

God has been extremely faithful to us over the years. God has always provided Jody with a job (or two) that provided for our family and we are confident that He will once again do the same. Please continue to be in prayer for us as we seek God's direction.

On a side note, please read Jody's latest blog: The Care and Feeding of Your Youth Minister. He is an incredibly talented writer and deserves a great audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment