Wednesday, April 14, 2010

House Cleaning for Dummies

At the park yesterday, one of my good friends told me about a website called Fly Lady, that helps her systematically keep her house clean. Upon returning to my dirt and fur-infested home, I decided to check it out and I was completely impressed!

She has divided the house into 5 zones that are targeted on a rotating cycle of 5 weeks. Each day are various tips to help you declutter, clean, and maintain your home so that it is always ready for company. You can subscribe to free daily emails or just check out all the tips online. Most everything is done in just a few minutes for each project, making it ideal for all of us who have decided that we don't have time to keep our homes super organized and clean. Everything is manageable and is presented in a straight forward manner that motivates you to get off the couch and get cleaning.

I've been in crazy cleaning mode the past few weeks anyway and now finding this site has encouraged me to keep going. Not only is my house cleaner, but I get a killer workout with Taylor or Elyse on my back while I clean. :)

The Fly Lady advocates getting rid of "CHAOS - can't have anyone over syndrome", making your home a welcoming place for company and for your family as well. It's a great feeling to know that if you wanted to invite someone over to your home, that the only thing you would have to do is set out another plate for dinner rather than spend 2 days trying to get everything in order first.

I highly encourage all of you to check out the Fly Lady and see how quickly making some small changes will revolutionize your home. Even those of you who already have a sparkling clean house will find some great time and energy saving ideas on her website.

No comments:

Post a Comment